The great theologian Yogi Berra said, The future ain’t what it used to be. We find ourselves getting accustomed to a new normal and not sure what the immediate future looks like in ministry. The old adage holds true though. “We may not know what the future holds, but we do know who holds the future.”
It looks like we will continue to hold Sunday morning worship online during the immediate future. I am grateful for the technology we are able to use to continue to preach and teach the Word of God. The following is a good reminder about worshipping online:
- GET OUT OF BED AND GET DRESSED. It will put you in the right mindset to worship.
- GO THROUGH YOUR NORMAL SUNDAY ROUTINE. You can disperse with the “hurry up we are going to be late” warning.
- GATHER YOUR FAMILY TOGETHER. No multitasking; worship is a family activity.
- PROJECT THE FEED ON YOUR LARGEST SCREEN. It will feel more like you are there.
- SING ALONG LOUD AND PROUD WHEN YOU KNOW THE SONG. I know it feels weird but it also feels weird to the worship leader singing in an empty room.
- LEAN INTO THE MESSAGE. Say “Amen,” clap, shout, and have a time of prayer at the end; make your home a sanctuary.
We will do our best to keep you abreast of times and opportunities for us to worship together online. A good verse to remember is it came to pass. Difficulty does not come to stay; it comes to pass. I look forward to the time when this will come to pass, and we can worship together again.